**ITEMS NEEDED BEFORE STARTING GUIDE:**
1. PCSX2 or Homebrew-Enabled PS2
2. WinPcap (For emulator only) Download Here: https://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_3.exe
***Note before starting guide: ***
Before you begin, you will need to make sure you have a valid network configuration set up on your console. If you have set up SOCOM 1 Online already, you may skip this step. This portion of the guide differs for PCSX2 and PS2 consoles.
**STEP 1: PCSX2 (Emulator) Network Plugin Setup**
*Update Your Video Plugins*
Simply download the file and extract the contents into your PCSX2 plugins folder.
**STEP 2: Dev9 PLUGIN**
A) Before we get started, make sure that you are using the latest version of CLR_DEV9, which at the time of writing this guide is CLR_DEV9 0.9.0.
B) To check this version open the emulator and in the top menus select Config -> Plugin/BIOS Selector
The version will be located at the bottom of the plugins section.
C) If your plugin is not this version or newer, you can download it HERE: https://github.com/TheLastRar/CLR-DEV9/releases/download/V0.9.0/CLR_DEV9.X86.7z
D) extract it into your PCSX2 Plugins folder.
**STEP 3: DEV9 Network Configuration**
Setting up your network configuration for CLR_DEV9 is very simple. Once you have confirmed your plugin is up to date, go back to the main PCSX2 window.
1. Select Config -> Dev9 -> Plugin Settings
2. Next to "Enable Ethernet" click on Options
3. Under "Connection Method" select WinPcap Switched (Promiscuous)
4. For "Adapter" you will need to select the adapter you use on your computer for connecting to the internet.
If you are on wifi, select the adapter that resembles your PC's wireless card.
If you are connected via an ethernet cable, select your PC's ethernet card. (It will be something along the lines of 'Ethernet # - Some Manufacturer')
Do not select TAP if it's an option!
5. Click Apply on both windows.
**STEP 4: Create a Network Config**
1. Boot up the game and go to the Online Menu. Once you are there, click on "Edit Network Configurations"
2. Create a new network config and use all defaults by pressing X then Right-Dpad until you get to the DNS server option,
Once you are here, you will need to select "Manual", then press Right D-pad.
3. Enter the DNS IP Address of "18.104.22.168" into the Primary DNS field
Leave Secondary blank. (0.0.0.0)
4. Complete the rest of the Network Configuration and save it to your memory card.
**STEP 5: Downloading the R0004 Update**
A one-time patch is needed in order to bypass the DNAS authentication on the base version of SOCOM II. Unfortunately this is unavoidable at this time.
If you have not downloaded it from the link at the top of this guide, it can be found HERE: https://tinyurl.com/elfr0004002
1 .Put the ELF file on your PS2's flash drive if you are on a console and boot it via FreeMcBoot.
2. Once the game has loaded, select "Online" and connect. (*The bottom of the main menu will still say "SOCOM 2 r0001" at this point*)
3. After a successful connection, click on the shown universe.
4. Download the update when prompted to. (*The download can take a few minutes. Please be patient.*)
5. Once the update has downloaded, save it to your memory card and restart your console manually.
**If you attempt to let the game restart on its own, it will freeze. This is expected.**
**`STEP 6: Playing the Game`**
Note:If you are using a backup copy of the game on your PS2/PS3 you will need to update your ISO to use this patch which is not covered by this guide
Thank you SaveConfrontation Team!
YOU MUST HAVE A PS3 & SOCOM CONFRONTATION DISC
1. No bugs, exploits, glitches, hacks, modifications, etc.
2. No inappropriate/blank/sexual or offensive usernames.
3. No inappropriate or offensive game room name.
4. No ban evasion.
5. No microphone spam, annoying, loud or high pitch noises.
6. Treat other players respectfully.
7. Only one console bound to an account (if more needed, ask to staff).
8. RPCS3 Emulator isn't allowed into the server.
Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission to be the #1 news & content source for the SOCOM series.
Copyright © 2021 SOCOM HQ - All Rights Reserved.
Website Managed by SOCOMJOHN